Any sector operator or travel manager who wishes to nominate themselves can consult all the EMA 2022 categories on the Categories page, view the Awards envisaged for each of them and select their chosen option.
The awards cover the whole of Europe and the criterion is geographical: all operators based in countries included in geographical Europe can nominate themselves.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR EMA?
- All supplier companies operating internationally.
- All national companies that want to highlight their products and services dedicated to business travel on the European market (eg chain hotels or independent hotels, car sharing services, rent a car, taxi, travel agencies).
- All travel managers who manage business travel on the European and international market.
- All travel managers operating on the national market who want to share their results.
The Stage of the Awards
Nominations are open from 20 January to 20 May 2022. No nominations (or withdrawals) will be accepted after the deadline. For each category, there will be one or more Awards for which nominations can be made.
Nominating is simple: simply register on the site and then fill in the form provided for the relevant category online.
You can also submit a nomination in more than one category (for example Best Travel Digital Transformation Initiative of the Year and Best Meeting and Events Booking Tool).
The nomination is free for both travel managers and suppliers.
Suppliers entering the short list will be required to purchase at least 1 seat during the gala night.
Individual Ticket 330 €+ VAT
At the end of the nomination period, the jury, made up of expert Travel executives from leading European companies as well as representatives of Providers, and coordinated and supported by the editorial staff, will read and analyse all the nominations received and will meet to discuss and decide the winners.
If a minimum number of nominations is not reached in the chosen category, the administrative team will, in agreement with the jury, be entitled to move the nominees to another category similar to the one eliminated. The data provided in the questionnaires will be used by the jury with the sole aim of identifying the winners of the EMAs. The responses will not be made public or disclosed in any way.
European Travel Managers will be able to vote online for the shortlisted nominees. The results of the votes will be added to the judgements of the official jury to decide the winners.
The winners will be revealed at the European Mission Awards gala night in Rome.
In the event that, due to regional and government regulations or other causes of force majeure for which Mission – Newsteca is not responsible, the event cannot be held in person, it will take place virtually.
The EMA Awards jury will base its judgements on the wide range of factors that contribute to the success of a business or service.
In particular, the following will be taken into consideration:
- the added value that the competing companies/services offer to the business travel sector;
- the innovation of the products and services offered;
- the performance of the nominated companies (for example a widespread international presence, the quality of the commercial support, consulting etc..)
Please note that, as the EMA awards are based on spontaneous nominations by filling in questionnaires, the accuracy of the responses provided by the competing companies will also affect the jury’s evaluation. Comprehensive, detailed responses accompanied, where appropriate, by figures will be welcome.
EMA sponsorship does not affect the possible winning of the category to which you are a candidate.